Saturday

Secretary's letter


Letter from Pat Darby
Secretary for Central Jurisdiction

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Because of a serious and unexpected illness, I am today making an announcement that was to be made in the October issue of the Flos Carmeli:

I am happy to announce that Martha Hanley [left] of the Cedar Rapids Community will be the new Editor of the Flos Carmeli, beginning with this edition and forward.

I had asked Fr. John Michael and the Provincial Council to accept my resignation as Editor some time ago. They accepted it and approached Martha to accept the position which she did and was to begin in 2008. However, as you know, sometimes our plans don't work out as we expect.

Due to this unexpected illness, I was unable to prepare and mail the current Flos Carmeli and Martha agreed to take over early. I want to thank her for stepping up on such short notice.

I have done this blessed job for 15 years and felt it was time for someone else to have that privilege. It has truly been a joy and a gift for me over the years and I have learned much from it and loved doing it.

I will continue on as your Provincial Secretary, so all annual dues, financial statements, inquiries will continue to be sent to the Central Office as always: 215 N Greenville Ave # 1214, Allen TX 75002. My e-mail is jmjtj33@aol.com My illness is improving and I hope to be back to normal soon.

For questions regarding your newsletters, write Martha at tnmhanley@yahoo.com

For a list of the conferences of the 2007 Western Regional Congress held in the Seattle area, and ordering information, you can go to
http://congress.ocds.info/recordings.htm

Now, I will have the pleasure of looking forward to our Provincial Newsletter and reading it from cover to cover. Again, it has been a pleasure and joy to be your Editor. May the Holy Spirit inspire our new Editor.
Your sister in Carmel,
Pat Darby,
of the Good Sheperd, ocds

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home